PDC of the founder: 2017
Permaculture teacher certificate: 2020
Character: public garden, green office
The purpose of the center is to create a comfortable public garden, to improve the environment, to produce products, to maximize waste rotation, to research, to train and to educate.
The garden was laid in March 2015. During the planning it was divided into zones and sectors where permaculture elements have already been brought to life: banks-windbreaks, pergola-tunnel, raised beds, small forest garden, mulching. We collect rainwater, work on a project on grey waters, conduct practical training in small groups for effective learning.
Elements and management methods in use:
- mulching, mixed planting, windbreak, forest garden, hugel beds, energy crops, Natural Farming (Fukuoka), rainwater harvesting, keyline design, greywater treatment
- It's a permaculture based project. We study and develop models of regenerative landscape design that provide reliable profit, maintain soil fertility, and biodiversity.
- We built banks-windbreaks, reduced with it the force of the wind and directed it to a pergola-tunnel to cool it down in hot period. We planted it with trees, bushes and medicinal plants with green manure.
- A pergola-tunnel where the wind cools down in hot days. Vines, actinidia and blackberry grows there. Together with black currant and gooseberries, vegetables and medicinal plants that support each other.
- A house for insects.
- We collect rainwater from the roof and have a well
- We have raised beds where we plant trees that support each other.
- We work on a system on grey water treatment
Solutions for functional integration of the elements: the garden is founded on main principles: care for people, care for the Earth, return of the surplus for more complete functionning in harmony with Nature
Zoning and object placement according to sectors:
after observing and planning we devided our garden into four zones:
- 1,3 - where we spend most of the time (study room, public garden, paths, greenhouse, shed)
- 2 - small forest garden, zone of intense vegetable and fruit growing
- 4 - place that is visited rarely - wild nature (pine forest)
Accepting visitors: by appointment, independent visit is possible, there is a possibility to make an excursion to the surroundings
Accepting volunteers: from March to October, accomodation in a guesthouse or in your own tent, paid food or bring your own food
What can volunteers learn: combine theoretical and practical knowlege. We pay most attention to the practical ones
Reviews and comments: