PDC of the founder: 2018
Type: education and demonstration
Character: Settlement / community
Description: Permacultural center “Green Hills” was established in the ecovillage with the same name (founded in 2012). Il has territory of about four hectares. It’s a commun project of all ecovillage families.
- to grow ecological food for our own needs and for selling;
- to hold ecological festivals and seminars;
- to develop green tourism and camps for children;
- to protect the environment, to increase the biodiversity;
- to spread ideas of permaculture and sustainable development.
Elements and management methods in use: constructed wetland for greywater, rainwater tanks, mulching, mixed planting, windbreak, forest garden, warm Rozum beds, hugel beds, keyhole beds, biodynamic agriculture, crafts, cob building
Solutions for functional integration of the elements: combining fruit trees garden and vegetable garden, various use of warm Rorum beds
Zoning and object placement according to sectors: there are zones of cereals field, fruit trees and nut trees
Accepting visitors: by appointment
Accepting volunteers: by appointment, in the warm season, with your own tent, accommodation in the house with hosts, accommodation in the hotel
What can volunteers learn: to lay out a garden, different types of beds, cob building, permaculture methods
Reviews and comments: